Saturday, June 25, 2016

Random SBP Thoughts

It's been the longest in between posts ever since I started blogging here some time ago.  Figuring out what to write has been hard whenever I did take the time to think about it, so why not just write a bunch of different things to get the ball rolling?,,,Right now I'm watching the Ottawa RedBlacks start their season against Edmonton.  Never thought I'd become as big a fan of the team as I am when they returned to Ottawa, but here we are...With the 1st round of the NHL draft over and free agency here in less than a week, I expect the Sens to not upgrade anywhere important and miss the playoffs for a 2nd straight season...The World Series of Poker is past the mid-way point and every year, I always wish I could be there.  The plan is though to attend next year's event, the new tag team event introduced in this year's edition.  Hopefully it's a popular enough event that it will still be around in 2017 of course...The best movie I've seen this year is probably Eye in the Sky...And speaking of movies, I'm not sure if I'm getting a little more uptight as I get older but the graphically violent pictures being produced are starting to turn me off.  For instance, Deadpool was entertaining for the most part, but the origin scenes when Ryan Reynolds gets set on fire and then impaled, I mean, is all of that really necessary?  Hateful Eight was another that just went over the top with the blood and gore  Wish Tarantino would try something different...I'm all about podcasts these days.  My favourites are Serial, Talk is Jericho and Someone Knows Something.  Makes the bus rides to and from work pass by much better...My ball hockey team finished last again, and my current Ultimate team isn't doing much better.  Time to retire?,,,The other day, my five year old daughter asked me, "Papa, est-ce qu'on peut regarder Star Wars?"  Yes you can sweetie.  Yes you can!  :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]