Monday, October 28, 2013

Fait dodo

I don't usually post too much about my kids, but for some reason I felt compelled to share this small, uneventful occurrence that might be forgotten later on. My 3 year old, Sophie-Anne, and myself were in the basement watching Toy Story en francais as she requested. It was a cold, rainy day so it was a good time to pop in a blu-ray. She then said, "Papa, fait dodo!" and pointed to me while I sat on the couch. This meant she wanted me to lie down. "Papa, ferme tes yeux!" Close my eyes. To be sleeping you need to close your eyes, no? How else can I prove I'm asleep? Then she took a blanket and put it over me. I can't recall if she ever actually did that before, but she did this time. After the blanket covered me, she then brought herself onto the couch and snuck under the blanket. She climbed onto my side and laid her head on my shoulder. She took my arm and put it around her, and we just watched Toy Story en francais for another twenty minutes without saying a word. It was really, really sweet.

Comments:
And its the kind of sweetness that can only really come from them... and them at this precious age. Write it down, take pictures and soak it up like the most porous sponge on the earth.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]