Thursday, July 21, 2011

Worst Heat Ever




Walking a mere 15 minutes from my work to my car was a suffocating experience in this 47C with-the-humidex-heat. I was thinking to myself I'm sure as hell glad that my Ultimate game scheduled today was cancelled. Not by the league, but by mutual agreement through the two team captains.

Our Ultimate league just has a "humidex advisory" rule, where an extra timeout can be used each half and timeouts last from 70 seconds to 120. Who cares? Especially when it feels like a hot hair dryer is blowing directly in your face and kicking your ass.

I guess I'm ranting because I find it ridiculous there's not a "max temperature" rule to cancel games and prevent the ER being overloaded with disc throwers with heat exhaustion.

But that's just me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]