Friday, June 17, 2011

My Cash for Life Adventure

I occasionally dable in the odd instant scratch lottery ticket, and usually, I lose. But this time, it got interesting when I picked up a Cash for Life ticket (and I'll tell you this right off the bat in case you're expecting me to reveal I was the grand prize winner: No, I didn't win $1,000 a week for life).

Each ticket costs $4, so I bought one ticket and won $12. Always the gambler, I traded that in for three more tickets. First ticket, another four bucks. Second ticket...hey, $30, not bad! Nothing for the third ticket. So what should I do with the $34? Buy more tickets of course!

So I pocketed two bucks and bought eight more Cash for Life tickets. Having all those tickets to scratch is kinda fun! The end result: $28. Feeling like I'm on a bit of a hot streak, I pick up seven more tickets. This time, I have $18 in prizes won, a bit of a drop from before.

Thinking the hot streak has somewhat ended, I decided I'd take that $18 and buy Lotto 6/49 numbers for that evening's draw. And unforunately, that's where my story ends, as no multi-million dollar prize was awarded to SBP after everything was said and done.

And that's the end of my story.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]