Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Time?



I'm going to give it another go this year. Last year some work training got in the way of another visit, but it's wide open now for my second visit to Vegas...well, five days after I move into my new home.

With the new house and a baby girl on the way, I have to think this may be my last chance to go. M-C has been great and has supported me in entering another tournament and feels maybe I'm being too negative on dismissing possible future visits. Guess like anything, we'll see.

Instead of playing no limit hold em, I'm going to enter a seven card stud tournament. The fields are much smaller than no limit...the tourney I entered in 2007 had almost 3,000 players. Last year's stud event had 360 entrants total. With those odds, I like my chances much better. I think you need to find every advantage you can, and being in a position to play for a bracelet with less competition, well, I think that's just being smart. And I really enjoy stud, too. There's a lot more hands I feel comfortable in playing, the only real detriment is all my experience has been online.

I think I might make too big a deal of going to play at the WSOP. So far I have nothing to show for the tournaments I've entered. But I can safely say I've done better and lasted longer as my experience has gone up. Just being there three years ago was enough, anything after that was a bonus. Now it's a different story, it would be extremely disappointing if I have nothing to show for it when it's all said and done.

I can only hope this might be my time. My tournament will start June 10th and will take three days to declare a winner.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]