Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to Back



- What a fun dinner tonight. Collecting my Stuby's Cup winnings with a quarter chicken breast table d'hote, complete with coleslaw, chicken noodle soup, some draft lager and a yummy, chocolaty lava cake. The best part was when the bill came and I left my wallet in my pocket. Not since 2009 have I enjoyed such a meal!

- An unbelievable comeback by the Flyers that the NHL has not seen since the year I was born in 1975. Adding to the moment was, like the series, the Flyers fell 3-0 but stormed back to score four goals. I'm no Flyers fan (one of my more loathed teams in the league) but I wouldn't mind seeing them pull an upset over the Habs.

- How much would Vegas have paid if you bet the farm on the 7th and 8th placed seeds in the East meeting in the Eastern Conference final?

- I had the pleasure of watching Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call New Orleans and, when was the last time I said this, I loved the performance of Nicolas Cage and the not-sure-if-it-was-intentional laughs that accompanied it. His doped out, hallucinatory adventures of corruption was something else. I enjoyed the original Bad Lieutenant immensely and had my doubts about this one, but I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]