Thursday, April 29, 2010

Round Two

Well, I was a solid 4 for 4 in my Western Conference predictions in the first round.

But as for the East, I had no idea what I was talking about. A lousy 1 for 4, the only prediction correct was my team, the Senators, losing to the Pittsburgh Penguins, the one prediction I wanted to be WRONG about. And more embarrassing, my "lock" victory, the Devils over the Flyers, didn't happen. Who would have guessed Brian Boucher of all people would outplay future hall of famer Martin Brodeur? Not to mention the Flyers just barely limped into the playoffs, sort of like a marathon runner collapsing at the finish line in last place. But that's why we play the games, and that is why we see such historic upsets as the Montreal Canadiens coming back from being down 3-1 and beating the first place Washington Capitals from time to time. I don't think the Habs are winning the Stanley Cup this year, but fans have something to talk about for years to come.

So without further ado, my 2nd round predictions:

East:
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens: Penguins in five. Halak can steal a series. But he already stole it against Washington.
Philadelphia Flyers vs Boston Bruins: Boston in six. The Bruins are getting healthier with the return of Marc Savard while Gagne and Carter were lost to injuries on the Flyers side. And I don't think Boucher can keep his play up.

West:
San Jose Sharks vs Detroit Red Wings: Detroit in six. The Sharks top line still can't produce and shown me no reason to think they'll shake the choker label anytime soon.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Vancouver Canucks: Vancouver in seven. This was the hardest series for me to come up with a winner, but I think Luongo is ready to redeem himself after last year's disappointing performance and I just don't trust Antti Niemi to carry the Hawks all the way.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]