Saturday, March 20, 2010

Purging



Myself and M-C are preparing to sell my condo thus the de-cluttering stage has commenced to make the place look presentable to prospective buyers. And maybe because my apartment is only 600 square feet, anything and everything seems a lot more intrusive than perhaps it should, and the urgency to throw things out is much greater.

But coming across my old cassette tapes of such classic artists including Corey Hart and Technotronic...it was hard to bring myself to throw them down the dumpster. I'm not even sure if I have a machine that could play these tapes, but I've dragged them around from the three different dwellings I've lived in for the last 10 years, and can't even recall if I've listened to them even once during that time.

It's hard for me to let them go. But why? They're USELESS! I can't even listen to them if I wanted to! But look: A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle original soundtrack cassette in Leonardo blue! Limited edition I'm sure!

Ahhhh...down the chute they go. Goodbye cassette tapes. Sorry you became obsolete.

Comments:
There's no market on ebay?
 
I took a quick look...average price was about one or two bucks. Just not worth it!
 
I went through the same thing when we moved last year. In one fell swoop I threw out my entire CD collection... litteraly thousands of dollars of music (at the time, anyway) tossed into a landfill. Why not I thought, everything was easily available on the internet. Haven't missed them since.

SBP, keep this lesson in mind next time you go to buy your next blue ray disc. It will someday be the technological equivalent of your tapes... and that day is probably much sooner than you think.

/rt.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]