Thursday, March 04, 2010

Phoonk 2 - $10,000 for Two Hours of Work



It might seem easy, but I don't think I could do it. And I don't think I'd be able to try.

Apparently Phoonk 2, a Bollywood production, is so scary, the director is offering anyone 50,000 rupees (or about $10,000) if they can watch the movie in a theatre alone for the full two hours. Apparently someone had tried it with the first Phoonk and could only last 30 minutes before running out of the theatre scared.

Now I'm sure there are some who would take on the challenge as if it were nothing but for me, the fact that such an offer is being made makes me think this film might be so terrifying it'd scar me for life.

Sort of reminds of this incident a few years back...

My pal John worked for this company who was contracted to pick up dead bodies and bring them to funeral homes, morgues, etc. A nice perk of knowing John was that he'd wash my Jeep at his work (as they had to clean their van daily as you could imagine).

In the garage was a gurney, covered in what appeared to be red velvet. "I'll give you fifty bucks if you'll lie down on that," offered John. "Really!?" I replied. An easy 50 bucks for sure! But as I walked closer and closer to that gurney, I got bad vibes from it. Yes, that gurney had carted away many a dead person. I ended up stopping about 6 feet in front of it, sort of stared at it as I took in all that bad aura. "Nope, I won't be lying down on that thing" and walked away.

It was just plain too creepy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]