Saturday, March 13, 2010

Looking Forward

I'm starting get all growns up.

At least in appearance anyway.

M-C informed me on April 6 we'll know if our baby to be will be a boy or a girl. And as I look at M-C's midsection and see her tummy expand, it's starting to hit home how my life is about to make a substantial 180.

We had already planned to start looking for a home this Spring as the downtown condo just wasn't going to do size-wise for two people. I actually don't think it's all that bad, but for sure, having that extra space will be nice. But now it's pretty much a necessity knowing that the third member of the SBP family will be here this summer.

No, the bachelor pad isn't going to cut it.

That 2 minute commute to work is over.

No more playing Xbox until 2am or dropping $50 to spontaneously buy a pair of blu-ray discs.

There are indeed some small trade-offs to make in my current lifestyle but as exciting as it may be, it is also truly terrifying. Terrifying in the sense that having the responsibility to bring up another human being in this world when I feel I've yet to grow up (I own a lightsaber and still play video games after all...) doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Myself and M-C will help shape and mold what type of person they will be and how they will carry themselves throughout their life.

Yup, exciting and terrifying...all at the same time.


Comments:
Bless you both, and best wishes to a happy family now and forever. You can't even guess how little you miss the video games and action films, BP.
 
Well put Alex. Ben, you and M-C will be great parents. Have no fear! If Dan and I can do it, anyone can. :)
 
You and M-C will be great, SBP. Sure, you will sometimes worry that the authorities are coming to confiscate your kid, but you'll mostly feel like you're doing pretty well in a really fascinating crash course.


(The budgeting does take some getting used to, though. heh)
 
Thanks guys for the kinds words. It's still freakin' me out somewhat, lol!!!
 
I predict that your kid will grow up to be the first vegetarian in proffessional wrestling.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]