Friday, October 30, 2009

Sugar Free SBP!



I read an interesting article about a NBA basketball player named Caron Butler. He had a rather unique addiction. It wasn't tobacco, drugs or gambling, but a soft drink: Mountain Dew. Caron would have at least six bottles a day, and would talk about having a bottle ready at his bedside so he could either chug one down in the middle of the night, or one to start his morning. He realized he was drinking way too much of it so he gave it up, and admitted for the first two weeks it was probably the worst time in his life. He would get the sweats, headaches and had difficulty sleeping. By the end of his summer though, he lost eleven pounds from that one change and conquered his addiction.

So I don't think I have that big of a problem, but I am giving up MY personal Mountain Dew: Dessert. No cookies. No cakes. No pies. To be realistic, it's not something I'll give up forever and ever, but I definitely do need to detox from sweets. Chocolate chip muffins in the morning, cookies with lunch, some cake after dinner...just terrible. Sugar is my weakness, and unfortunately with Halloween tomorrow I picked a bad time to do it, but I had to get started sooner rather than later.

My mom's birthday is November 23rd, and on that day I'll enjoy a piece of birthday cake, and perhaps alter my no dessert rule to special occasions or something to have just once a week.

But make no mistake, this is something that needed to be done a while ago. I wish I craved a delicious salad over a sumptuous piece of chocolate cake but that's just not the way I was designed. And I have to get myself to do something about it.

Comments:
Good for you, SBP, hope it doesn't give you the shakes like that baller! Although, I think the US version of Mountain Dew has caffeine, so I bet you that was what he was addicted to. Sure, the weight loss was real, that drink is also stuffed with calories, but the addiction part was probably the same as someone who drinks two pots of coffee a day. Not too sure how many people have an espresso machine beside their bed to get a latte in the middle of the night, though!

Let's see some pics of that bathroom!
 
Pics are coming...once it's done. Might even be tomorrow if we're lucky!
 
Uhhh...tomorrow!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]