Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where Have You Been SBP?



Easy question, easy answer: I had my long weekend getaway to Buffalo, New York this year with the usual gang to catch some NFL action. No, not a football fan, but the company is great, and the atmosphere is electric. It's easy to get caught up in the moment even if your knowledge of the event at hand is minimal.

Little did I realize that I would also be a witness to history. What history? For the first time in his 13 year career, perennial whiner Tyrell Owners did not make a reception. He did NOTHING! Of course, it would help if the team tried to use him a little more, but the Bills played scared. The strongest evidence of that being the decision to punt the ball at the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter with one measly yard to gain to get the first down. They're losing by ten points...no time to be conservative, you gotta go for it. When the punter hit the field, the fans immediately crapped all over that decision. The New Orleans Saints would go on to win 27-7.

Anyway, to commemorate my Buffalo trip and also because I thought it was kinda funny, I got me a T.O. jersey. Sure, he may be gone in the next couple of months, but everyone knows what he's all about and you can at least enjoy a chuckle with it on. Although for Bills fans, they don't see anything funny about being 1-2 to start the season.

Stuffed my face with crap, downed lots of beer, became the unofficial World Euchre champ...indeed, it was a good weekend filled with good times!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]