Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jeep Update



So no one knows exactly what's going on, and it's a bit mind boggling.

Driving my Jeep to the mechanic, it felt steady and solid, no sense of a violent shaking problem at all. Not that I expect it to happen all the time. Actually it occurs just once in a while, and I thought the repairs and part replacements would ensure it wouldn't happen again, but as explained previously, it didn't.

Luckily I have an honest-enough mechanic looking at it. He explained he couldn't recreate the problem. He told me he did look at the YouTube video and did some more research but most of the suggestions are speculative more than anything.

He said he could replace the shocks and could replace the track bar. But there are no guarantees it would do anything, and from what he can tell they appear not to need replacing. Worn down a little from 94,000kms on it perhaps, but not in dire straits by any means. So no additional work has been done on it, and I'll pick it up on Monday.

Now I'm thinking perhaps it's time to change cars. My Jeep has low kms on it, but perhaps I need to drive something with a little more piece of mind that it isn't going to fall apart on me.

On the other hand...car payments. Bleah! Not having them is a nice thing no doubt. But having a new vehicle is starting to appeal to me, too. Ah...guess we'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]