Thursday, August 13, 2009

2010 Team Canada Jerseys




You may or may not know Hockey Canada is no longer allowed to put their logo on Olympic uniforms as the IOC decided against the use of federation logos for one reason or another (although putting it on the shoulder appears to be ok). So it looks like they've come up with a simple maple leaf design, and if you look closely at it, you can see some inuit inspired art inside the leaf. I actually think it doesn't look too bad (prefer the white over the red design); the official unveiling is this Monday and these jerseys may turn out to be protoypes that have been discarded. But in the end, I'll settle for any jersey as long as there's a gold medal around the neck at the end.

Comments:
You know what? I kinda like 'em! Didn't think I would, but I bet they look kinda oldschool, especially when you're seeing them from the stands or on TV. I was worried they'd go super futuristic like the new 3rd jerseys that were popping up. Nice work by Team Canada. Hopefully their player evaluation team is as good as their clothiers.
 
Goes without saying I'll being picking one up in time for 2010, but still have no clue who's name to put on the back of the jersey. Decisions, decisions...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]