Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random SBP Thoughts

- It was all just wishful thinking, as Jim Balsillie's attempts to move the Phoenix Coyotes was rejected in court today and I just can't see it happening anytime soon. He is simply disliked by Gary Bettman and the rest of his gang, and until you make nice with them, he will always be on the outside looking in. He thought a bankruptcy proceeding might be the loophole to get his franchise in Canada, but it did not work out.

- Patrick Sharp earned his last name, as he was responsible for spearing Nicklas Lidstrom in the groin during the Conference finals and required surgery. Amazing no one is calling out Sharp for such a barbaric act, everyone instead going after Sidney Crosby for not shaking hands with the Red Wings quick enough after winning the Stanley Cup.

- If Hossa signed with the Penguins instead of the Wings, Pittsburgh would not have won the Cup. There is no way the team could have acquired Bill Guerin or Chris Kunitz at the trade deadline with the cap space he takes up.

- Woo-hoo. Another Indiana Jones film is in the works. I thought it was passable entertainment the first time I saw Crystal Skull, but a second viewing worsened the experience for me. Until George Lucas retires or dies, he will continue to run his beloved franchises into the ground.

- I've only golfed maybe twice in the last year, but looking at golf equipment flyers makes me want to get a nice, brand new shiny set of clubs. I play softball just once a year, and I want to get a brand new bat and glove.

- That Tiger Woods emblem reminds me an awful lot of the old Hartford Whalers logo:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]