Monday, June 01, 2009

Random SBP Thoughts

- As Rogers froze my online account because I couldn't remember my password, I thought to myself, "Why are they making it so difficult for me to use their online services?"  I don't want to reset my password, because that means I have to think of something else I'll forget later on, and if manage to pick one I've already used, they won't let use that since it was, well, recently used.  I have passwords for everything: Bank account, credit card, email, work, Best Buy, Future Shop, Subway Scrabble contest...how can they expect us to remember them all, especially when you use them once a year?

- I can't watch any more hockey now.  Old timers like Don Cherry love the fact that the refs put away their whistles and "let the players play", but the hooking, holding and slashing, things that the NHL promised would be eliminated so the game would be more open, has come back in full force and stifling defensive Red Wings hockey is the result.  And how Malkin avoided a suspension by going after Zetterberg with less than a minute remaining (something that the rule book says is automatic) is beyond me.  You know, Canadians will put their kids through hockey just out of habit.  American families look at the high cost of equipment and registration...then see Sidney Crosby get a chop to the back of the legs with no penalty called...hmmm, why won't they embrace our game?

- Corporate welfare, aka the money used to bail out GM and Chrysler, would be better spent by not spending on those companies.  Why not spend those billions of dollars on infrastructure?  Or why not spend it on light rail or other forms of mass transit?  Does anyone think GM will be profitable again?  I don't.

- I love the trailer for the upcoming film The Hangover.  Interesting how everyone points out the Mike Tyson part as being funny:  That's actually my least favourite part.  But the rest is hilarious and could be the comedic sleeper hit that each summer seems to produce.

- Shudder the thought: Terminator 5 will have McG back directing.  And apparently there's MORE FRICKIN' TIME TRAVELLING!  What did McG do to deserve killing the franchise beloved by so many?

Comments:
- Passwords: they're here to stay, make 'em memorable. You're not getting biometrics for at least 10 years.

- Hockey: I can't watch any more of it either. In fact, I haven't watched any during the playoffs. I'm sure my excitement level will return when Burke (AKA Maple Leaf Jesus) makes some kind of magical deal that gets the Leafs back in the playoffs.

- Corporate welfare: they may return to profitability if they reduce their overhead, workforce obligations and annual output. But that profit will be smaller-scale, and not do much for all the out-of-work Canadians that are left in its' wake. I think corporate sponsorship was the wrong thing to do if the goal was to save jobs.

- Hangover: You can't call this a sleeper, it's been advertised to death. But it's getting 100% on Rottentomatoes.com, which is a very good sign. Watch the red band trailer, it's got f-bombs and no Tyson.

- McG: Sorry buddy, this franchise is a speeding car on fire heading towards a cliff, and McG is asleep at the wheel.
 
Red Band Trailer (Not Safe For Work):

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14208983/the-hangover/videos/hangover_red_trl_052909.html
 
That trailer is hilarious!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]