Monday, June 22, 2009

Random NHL Thoughts from SBP!

 - It's getting late, I'm tired, but I'm still writing my blog, for you, my loyal SBP fans!  

- Question: Why would assistant GM Rick Dudley quit the young, exciting, future Stanley Cup contending Chicago Blackhawks to be the assistant GM for the unexciting, no future Atlanta Thrashers?

- Mats Sundin announces he won't play for Sweden in 2010, and I roll my eyes.  No one cares.  Time to retire Mats.

- I'm not sure what the Sedin brothers have done to deserve a 12 year contract and draw comparisons to Henrik Zetterberg, a Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe trophy wnner.  They haven't won anything, they haven't been a finalist for any individual NHL award nor have the gotten past the 2nd round in the post-season.  But I'm sure someone will pay them what they want.

- I am convinced there is more to the Dany Heatley story than we'll ever know.  Too many players: Heatley, Joe Corvo, Peter Schaefer to name a few...have asked to be traded.  Why is it so terrible to play for the Senators?  Is it really just the coach?  And thank God Brian Burke gave his two cents on the Heatley situation.  We can't have closure on the issue until the GM of Toronto gives his opinion on it.

- If the New York Islanders want to sell more tickets, they have to draft John Tavares at this week's draft.  He is an exciting, point-producing forward and the type of player that puts butts in seats, and selling tickets should be the focus of that franchise.

- Things that make me feel old: Reading reports of former NHL players I grew up watching accepting positions to coach and scout.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]