Friday, April 10, 2009

It Will Have to Wait



I'm not writing this for sympathy. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or anything. But still, it sucks and I just need to vent.

This year, I was looking forward to my second crack at playing in the World Series of Poker. But, my current new job (that I'm still training for) has a mandatory amount of time at the desk I need to fulfill before taking any vacation. Now it is possible for me to fly in on a Friday afternoon to get in Saturday in the early hours of the morning, to then play the same day of the 7 card stud event I wanted to enter, but I didn't want to risk feeling fatigued while at the tournament or rushed while I get my bearings in a new time zone. It may sound silly, but if you're fortunate enough to still be in the running at 2am in the morning after playing for about 10 hours or so, you need your wits about you to make sure you're making good decisions. Maybe I'd be okay, but I don't want to risk $1,500US to find out that I'm not.

Everything happens for a reason though. It's a disappointing development, but it'll just mean I'll be giving it a go next year.

2010, here I come!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]