Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random SBP Thoughts

- I don't get why they're doing all these tributes to 67's coach Brian Kilrea right now. His team is still in the playoffs, thus he's still coaching!

- Extremely happy that the word out of the NFL is they want the 2006 Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts & Peyton Manning to play the Buffalo Bills @ the Rogers Centre. Last year's Miami Dolphins selection was weak in my opinion, and having the Colts this year will put, to quote someone not so famous, butts in seats. My tickets I'm trying to get rid of should not be a hard sell.

- Got my new driver's licence in the mail yesterday, and boy, do they zoom in on your noggin real good. My head looks frickin' huge on it!

- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun wrote a good article today about surcharges and ticket companies. It is outrageous how a pair of tickets costing $60 somehow end up being $92.53 after all the "extras" are included. But, we pay anyway, don't we?

- I can't believe there are some people criticizing John Tavares for publicly announcing he'll sign with whatever team drafts him, respecting the formal process for integrating a player in a pro sports league. The last person to think he's above being drafted by a certain NHL team, Eric Lindros, ended up winning no Stanley Cups, a career shortened by concussions and had his reputation tarnished from the very first day he came on the NHL scene. How do you get ahead by not going along with the rules like everyone else?

- I place a $5 bet, with 10-to-1 odds, that the Senators will make the playoffs this year. My pal Nino that made the bet with me, a Sens fan, said "it would be the best $50 I'll ever spend, but, I'm already counting on that Subway sandwich." Hey, at least I'm putting my money where my mouth is!

Comments:
If only you knew someone who actually cheered for the Colts...
 
Patti?
 
You mean the one who lives close to Toronto?
 
Oh yeah, that one!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]