Friday, March 13, 2009

Random SBP Thoughts

- Is capitalism so fragile that even a slight decline in prices means doom & gloom for the industry? I read that new housing prices for last year fell 0.6% and analysts are calling new housing starts "weak". I just don't understand how a price drop of less than 1% means job losses and share price declines. Is our economic system just so bad that it can endure something like a miniscule price drop?

- It's interesting that free market practices have given us this global recession, and they need public funding to get out of it. 

- I don't know how many times I've read the Senators' attendance is headed downhill and fan apathy is high, and the fact the Leafs visit on Monday wasn't a sellout is further proof interest and fan support is waning. The way I see it, the fact that on Monday there was still just under 19,000 in attendance, paying an extra 40% premium on tickets because it's the Leafs, watching a game where both teams aren't even playoff contenders, actually shows me there is stll tremendous support for the NHL in the city.

- Can't find a ball cap that looks good on me, or fits, to save my life.

- I'm entering my first baseball pool this weekend despite not watching a full baseball game from start to finish in over a decade and not knowing what gets you your "points" to win it. I'm hoping beginner's luck might make me a winner.

Have a great weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]