Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Edition of SBP Thoughts

- I hope you participated in Earth Hour like I did today. The lights were out, my netbook streaming the Senators - Thrashers contest from its battery. For some, that scene might be considered poetic as the Senators lights were put out and with it their playoff aspirations for this season.

- Speaking of being environmentally sound, when I went grocery shopping the other day, every person in my checkout line was using a re-usable grocery bag for their items, including yours truly. Very impressed. (Doesn't take much to make me impressed, huh?)

- The city of Ottawa must have been put in a time traveling machine, as I read Ray Emery got pulled over for going more than 50 km/h over the speed limit and had his white Hummer impounded. I'm all for anyone getting a 2nd chance, but this guy has had more than his fair share and I'm sure I am in the majority who feels his act is getting old. Why does he insist on tarnishing his reputation further, as he tries to make a return to the NHL? Doesn't he realize these stunts will NOT help his cause?

- With a 93 point lead over my nearest rival, it looks like one positive that will come out of this NHL season is that I will finally win my first Stubie's Cup after about five years of paying for the chicken. Now the chicken gets paid for ME, the way it should be. Yummy!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]