Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dates Gone Wrong 2

The very, hopefully, last online date that transpired a couple of years ago once again started out well, but then ended in, well, disaster is probably too strong a word. But when you get the feeling, "yup, this one is over", it doesn't shoot much confidence in you.

It was a typical dinner date. This person lived downtown so I met up at her place first and we walked to a restaurant near by. As the conversation progressed, she asked about my condo and where I lived. Never being one to gloat, I talked about how "cozy" it is and I pretty much just have room for myself. I threw in I can't really host anything that doesn't involve TV as my place is simply too small for a lot of guests.

"Could you have people over for dinner or something?"
"Not really. I don't have a dining room table."
"YOU DON'T HAVE A DINING ROOM TABLE?"
"Uh, no."
"WHERE DO YOU EAT?"

Yikes. Well, this is the part where I talk about my convenient, foldable dinner trays! And it's also here that my love of Subway sandwiches come out. I tried to laugh it off a lot, but she was having none of it. She couldn't let go of the fact that I didn't have room for a big table to eat off of and kept questioning me about it for what seemed like an eternity. "But seriously, you don't own a dining room table?"

On a positive note, she did score a free meal out of it.

Comments:
Sounds like our first date! :)
MC
 
Zzzzzzzzzzzing!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]