Monday, December 29, 2008

Random SBP Thoughts

- Another Christmas has come & gone, and like so many other things, it has went by too quickly. It is truly my most favourite time of the year. My sister and mom splurged and got me a Blu-Ray player which was super nice of them. You can really notice a difference in quality with with the newer movies: older movies perhaps not as much but still improved. Anyway, can't wait for Christmas 2009!

- What do you do with all the Christmas cards you get in the mail? I've kept most of them, but I'm not sure why. It's rare that I look at them again, but I do appreciate the time my friends took to send me a card. Do you throw them out?

- Tell me if I'm getting a little grumpy: My job involves a few "walk-ins" and when I first started, I'd immediately go out and see them when they arrived. Now perhaps because of my colleagues around me, I'm starting to think to myself, "What, they weren't courteous enough to make an appointment? They expect me to drop everything and see them right away?" So sometimes I'll make them wait another five minutes before I see them. Is this right?

- The lowest gas price I've seen in what feels like forever: 61.7 cents per litre. Hard to believe it was just a few months ago we were literally paying double that or more. I complain about gas when it's high, so I felt the need to acknowledge the cheap petrol we've been getting.

- I'm heading out with Steve to see Canada take on the Germans at the World Junior Championship Monday night. After the 15-0 spanking Canada dished out to Kazakhstan, I can't wait to see how they'll crush the Germans! (Did I jinx anything?!)

Comments:
Here's hoping you get a good game tonight, pal!

Oh, and yeah, you should go out and see the drop-in's right away. Maybe there's a reason they needed to speak to someone right away and couldn't afford to take the time to make an appointment. Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt, especially if it's in your job description, right?
 
Yeah you're probably right. I just need to stop being grumpy!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]