Monday, December 08, 2008

Random SBP Thoughts

- Are you excited for Christmas!? I'm a big fan of this time of year. I like the Christmas lights that adorn a good part of the city, the general upbeat mood everyone is in and while some might be stressed out, getting together with friends & family over the course of the holidays is something I always looks forward to. I also like bringing out my three foot fibre-optic tree for all to see!

- I completely forgot that yesterday was the day the Buffalo Bills made their regular season Canadian NFL debut losing 16-3 to the Miami Dolphins. Apparently 2,000+ tickets were still available (not including the free tickets given away as game day approached) and it's considered a huge step back for any chance of an NFL team in this country. I think it just boils down to one thing: charging 3x the average price of an NFL ticket to watch it in Canada. Buffalo is just a stone's throw away from the Big Smoke, so it looks like anyone wanting to go see the Bills play just decided to make the trip at a reduced price instead.

- A new electronic gizmo I have my eyes on is a "Netbook", a portable laptop with screens that range in size from 9" to 13". With built in wi-fi, 120-160G hard drive, pre-loaded Windows XP, etc, how can you go wrong? I guess I mostly like the idea of playing PokerStars in front of my TV during a Sens game without the bulkiness of a regular laptop...

- I am considering going back to Vegas in the summer to play another World Series of Poker tournament. The main thing holding me back is, well, money (the crappy exchange rate does not help things, either) but there's a good chance if I go it might be a solo effort. Not sure how much fun it would be if I went alone.

- Picked up some World Junior tickets after waking up one day and thinking, "The World Juniors are in my home city, there's a good chance it won't return again in my lifetime, and I'm not going?" Craziness, yes! So I tracked down a pair of tickets in the 300 level, row A from a guy on Kijiji for the Canada-Germany game at face value. Most were overcharging for them, but I got lucky here. I predict good times!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]