Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All in Perspective

I won't dwell too much on the abysmal 4-1 loss the Sens dropped to the last place Atlanta Thrashers that I witnessed in person last night. But the evening ended on a high note as a young 8 year old fan showed me you can find the good in almost anything.

Once the final buzzer sounded, I got up and put my jacket on, dejected as most of the other Sens fans were. But, this young kid sitting behind myself and M-C made me feel all better. He just looked at us and said, "Isn't it great, we scored a goal!!!"

Wow. Maybe as I'm getting older I'm getting a little softer, but that kid just melted my heart. He was so genuinely happy his team managed to tuck a goal past Ondrej Pavelec (yeah, I have no idea who he is either but apparently the Senators want him to win the Vezina trophy) he didn't care about the final result.

I sure wish that's all it took for me to be happy at a Sens game, because for a few moments I felt the need to punch someone in the face!

Comments:
I guess I'll stop sending you statistics if you're in face-punching mode. :)
 
"Someone's gonna get $100.
Someone's gonna get a punch in the face"
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]