Monday, November 10, 2008

Writer's Block

The last couple of weeks have been pretty straining for me at times trying to figure out what to post on my blog. It sort of trickled down to my writing project I've told you about, that unfortunately, had to come to an end.

In some ways, it's rather amusing. My story that I was writing with my friend Nino involved the idea of humans creating a "clone" of themselves to serve them and to avoid the struggles of hard labour; almost like creating a race of slaves. I won't go into specifics as to how this story was to progress, but my brother Peter lent me the pilot episode of Battlestar Galactica and, horror of horrors, the first 15 minutes pretty much outlined the entire story I wanted to write about. Never before had I seen this TV series, and I sort of wish I had prior to this year. And what's even more amusing, is that despite the fact that Battlestar Galactica has won numerous awards and critical acclaim, I couldn't watch it. Not because the thoughts running through my brain were, "Damn, my idea!" but simply because I didn't like what I was watching. Currently I have no idea where this series goes, and really I have no interest in finding out.

Anyway, perhaps there's a way to tweak my story so it's not ripping off Battlestar Galactica, but that's more thinking than I can do right now. But writer's block is something that a lot of times I've wrestled with since starting up my blog.

Guess it's just a part of the process.

Comments:
Dude, I feel bad for you, but I'd probably feel worse had I NOT told you about Battlestar's plot when you first started talking about your book.
 
It was in the back of mind...wish I looked at it when you first told me though!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]