Sunday, November 02, 2008

Baconator: Heart-Hurting Deliciousness



These last few weekends I've stuffed my face with a fair amount of garbage. Well, not necessarily garbage, but a lot of rich, high-fat, high-sugar stuff that my doctor would cringe at if it was a regular occurrence. My body had no time for rest with Thanksgiving, my Buffalo trip and then this, uh, weekend. Well actually my weekend wasn't too bad, but with Halloween treats all over the office and at everyone's home, it can be hard to stop myself from having a few. Then last night while playing cards with work colleagues: the inevitable pizza order. No one suggested fruit and vegetables!

Anyway, I was thinking back to what was probably the WORST thing I ate this past month, and it was really easy to pick Wendy's baconator, the first time I've ever ordered this burger. Two 1/4 pound patties of beef, two slices of cheese, mayonnaise and of course, the reason why they call it the baconator, six slices of bacon to top it off. To make up for this cholesterol disaster, I ordered a Coke Zero to go with it. It's all about sacrifice.

So the calorie count on this puppy amounts to 840 calories, with 51 grams of fat and 23 grams of saturated fat (115% of your daily recommended intake). It also has 2.5 grams of trans fat, which I thought was banned by now, and also contains nearly 80% of your daily salt intake. On the upside though, it has 56 grams of protein!

This sandwich is unfortunately very very delicious. But, it is definitely something that should either not be consumed at all or at the most, only on a special occasion. Unfortunately there are lots of people who consider getting up in the morning a grandiose event, so they'll make a daily visit.

If I ever recommend heading to Wendy's while in my company, please stop me. Remind me that Fridays aren't that special and they occur 52 times a year.

Comments:
Give me a call anytime you are thinking of going to any of the fast food joints and I will make sure that you never go to one again...in a positive manner of course.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]