Thursday, September 11, 2008

So what exactly do you do in quarantine?

I'm not sure how to take this...a few of my friends who have called or emailed are really interested in knowing what my cesspool-of-disease face looks like during this whole ordeal. I actually don't want anyone to see me right now; my sister did come by with groceries and even then I put on my ball cap and had the bill pulled down low enough so you couldn't see the worst part of the damage. It wasn't so long ago I actually looked normal, just like you! Below is a photo Scott took before we picked up his arcade cabinet in Toronto on Sunday:


Notice I'm smiling...Scott was just about to buy me a chocolate milk! You might also notice some feint red bumps on the ol' noggin. I thought they were just pimples but I was mistaken. Fast forward to today:



The 'pox beard is growing strong and I have to say it appears no more blisters are forming. My body is still pretty covered though, and there's no way it'll be gone by the start of next week. Looks like more time stuck indoors is in the cards.

So what have I done during all this spare time? Can you say, "Three hour epic films!"? That's what I started out with anyway. This is what's been on the DVD player to this point:

Lord of the Rings I
Lord of the Rings II
Lord of the Rings III
Braveheart
Godfather II
Nixon
The Thin Red Line

This got to be a little heavy, and towards the end of Thin Red Line I decided it was more pretentious than real, that the camerawork and score that I adored when I first saw it no longer compensated for the drivel uttered by the way-too-many characters in the film. I guess every soldier can narrate in a style Shakespeare could be proud of, but pondering life's meanings in "poetic" fashion by grunts with a grade 9 education...I guess I was starting to get grumpy. So I put these on:

Family Guy: Blue Harvest
The Simpsons Movie
Borat

And seeing that it is the anniversary of 9/11, I just finished up with Fahrenheit 9/11.

Oddly enough, I haven't had any desire to play any 360 after finishing Call of Duty 4 a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'm looking for something new to play, and The Force Unleashed won't be out until next week.

Do any of you have a "sick" movie, something you like to watch while ill? I'd appreciate suggestions.

Comments:
Man, I wish I had the chicken pox.

In a deranged kinda way, I love being couch ridden with a gallon of OJ and a freezer full of English muffins.

Planford and I used to have movie marathons when we were supposed to be studying. We did Gangster night, war night etc...

What about some Cohen Bros flicks?

Find a copy of the Last Starfighter...

and nothing cures the pox better than...MOTHRA VS GODZILLA!!!!

Get better soonish...but enjoy the couch time you lucky so-and-so.

Plan-B
 
Plan B LOVES being sick. Whenever he says he has a cold, Kerri and I congratulate him.

Last Starfighter's a great pick. Add Wargames to that list. Perhaps a viewing of Hunt for Red October might be in order as well?

When choosing Cohen films, definitely include The Hudsucker Proxy, it's my all-time favourite from Joel and Ethan.
 
...and by Cohen, I, of course, meant Coen.

Huge fan, me.
 
Plan-B, I have an idea of how you can be couch ridden for at least the weekend...Friday and Saturday nights start with a few cold beers. Then have a hearty supper and a glass or two of wine.

Immediately after begin drinking heavy beers, Guinness would be my choice, then around 10pm start shooting something like tequila, between each heavy beer.

During this process feel free to smoke a few mini cigars, not the big ones or passing out is inevitable. Now this is crucial and can not be overstated around midnight switch to a lighter beer and begin drinking scotch and voila you will sleep like a baby till around noon and then will not be able to move from the couch other then to get snacks and hit the john. The big supper is key too ensure no vomiting.
 
When I was at home following oral surgery... my movie picks were Footloose and Romancing the Stone. I recovered quickly and look back fondly on my week off. You could try those movies!

Kerri
 
Sorry forgot to add my picks, Cool Hand Luke, Heat, Anchorman a Tarantino film (Kill Bill 1&2, Death Proof), and army of darkness.

Thrasher and scary movies are perfect for being stuck at home sick especially with the weather we are having. Night of the living dead (original of course), Devil’s Rejects, or some cheesy B scary movie from the 70’s and 80’s.
 
Termintator trilogy followed by The Matrix trilogy followed by Turner and Hooch.
Love the pictures, you look so happy. How about a shot of you in a thong so we can see the full effect of these chicken pocks.
I still think it`s a scam, you drew those dots with a red marker to get three weeks off work. Who gets chicken pocks in their thirties!
 
Here's your movie medecine:
Start with Virus, follow it up with Outbreak, and close it out with Chicken Little.

Hope you feel better soon pal and I know this link will cheer you up:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48734
 
Watch season 1 of the Office, I left you.
 
Forts, It sounds like you know what you're doing....
 
Steve, nice picks for your pics, but I agree with the comment on the link you sent... Arnie's got Man Boobs! Why would you want to depress BP even further by pointing out that one of his favourite actors has let himself go?

Thank god that JCVD is still keeping himself in shape for his most recent flick, titled... JCVD.
 
Maybe Arnie was angling to get Mr. Freeze in the next Batman installment.
 
I'd be getting bored of movies and TV by now and likely have moved onto something else. Making myself a big chocolate cake perhaps, or going for a drive to solitude at champlain look out with a comfy chair and book.

Hope you feel better soon.

KM
 
Plan-b I wouldn’t personally do it but have made the mistake in the past and know the feeing all too well but now you know the option is there.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]