Friday, September 19, 2008

Random SBP thoughts

- It occurred to me today that the Sens will have their first pre-season game tomorrow against the Rangers, and in only two short weeks, they'll be in Sweden to play back-to-back games against the Penguins to kick off the NHL season. I am really excited about this, even for a pre-season game. I actually wasn't going to watch it initially as I had a wedding to go to, but...

- I really thought I was over the 'pox. Back to work Monday after a two week hiatus, and was looking forward to it after being stuck by myself with no visitors outside of a couple of visits from my family since last week. "One more week" said the doctor today. Nooooooooo! Apparently, I'm still contagious, and it's possible some of the remaining spots on my body could get worse if I'm not careful. Overtly cautious? Maybe, but, doctor's orders. This blows.

- Here's a story you may not find interesting at all, but if you were there you'd be looking on in amazement. A few weeks ago, I was in line at the grocery store in the express lane. This old guy in front of me had 10 boxes of bran flakes in his cart (perhaps by itself that's sort of interesting) and asked the cashier, a girl about 18 years old, if he could have paper bags instead of plastic. She went to the next cash to get one (that's right, one) bag for the 10 boxes, and it was an event watching her try to open it up. She kept on taking the bottom "square" of the bag and basically just kept on shifting it side to side, after just opening it half-way from the top. Seeing this idiot trying to do something as simple as open up a bag, and failing, was as funny as it was sad. For some reason, she was against throwing her whole arm into the bag to open it up. Anyway, she ended up ripping it, went back to get some more and if memory serves the old guy just bagged everything himself. She truly couldn't fight her way out of a paper bag...

- At the Fox theatre in Detroit, Def Leppard is doing a concert prior to the Detroit Red Wings home opener against the Leafs and everyone in attendance will watch the game on a big screen after they perform. One of the songs they mentioned would be played was a song called "C'mon C'mon" which the band says they can picture being played in every hockey arena in Canada and the United States. Someone like me should be pretty excited about it, except the song blows, much like their new album. When I went to their concert here in Ottawa a few weeks back, it was the first time I saw people leaving during the encore because they elected to play a track off their new album no one heard of. Oh well, at least they played Photograph!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]