Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My New Crack



Most of my friends know I don't really watch prime time TV. My 56" television was purchased mostly for Sens games, DVDs and the odd poker program that airs in the afternoon. But since I've been stuck indoors for over two weeks now, my sister insisted I give The Office a try and started me off with their season 1 DVD which is only 6 episodes. I figured, hey, a couple of hours, no big deal, and I can now say I've given it a chance.

Well, I thought it was hilarious, and immediately needed to see how the series continued. So Kylie brought over season 2 and I was happy to see their were 4 discs in the set; tons of episodes to watch. And I enjoyed all of them. The characters are fantastic, the humour comes at you in both over-the-top and subtle forms and of course, the parallels you draw to your own cubicle hell add to the fun. So after getting through season 2 today, I immediately began downloading season 3 and hope to have that and season 4 done before the season premiere on Thursday.

Now that last statement is something I have not uttered in...well, maybe forever. The start of the NHL season is all I usually care about, but I'm actually planning ahead and making sure I tune in so I won't miss a thing. Hopefully the show will continue to be as good as it is now, and that I won't cancel any future social outings because I can't miss an episode of The Office.

Comments:
Glad you continued your streak of discovering the comedy classics years after everyone else. I still remember when you started watching Seinfeld AFTER it had been cancelled.

Speaking of the NHL though: I heard that the huge kickoff concert in Detroit is being headlined by DEF LEPPARD. I can't believe they were available at such short notice.
 
Yay! Now you'll actually understand all my Office references on facebook!
 
I threw Def Leppard under the bus in my Friday rant!

Holly: ho, ho, ho...pimp!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]