Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random SBP thoughts

- My work has it's own intranet server where the home page has a "picture of the day" submitted by an employee. It's all well and fine, except about 90% of the photos are lame, lame, lame. Everyone sends pics of their frickin' pets! I don't need to see a closeup of your schnauzer, thank you. I like original pictures, like my colleague Derek who submitted a photo of him holding a 72 oz steak he had to finish within an hour to get it for free (only could get 1/2 way through though, but he tried!). Now that's art!

- What's up with global-warming deniers? Should they be labelled the same as those who think the holocaust never happened? Even if it's just "coincidence" that temperatures are rising and has nothing to do with the way we harm mother nature, is it a bad thing to ask people to recycle, walk instead of taking a car or using energy efficient appliances? I mean, if it won't affect climate levels, it should at least make our air, land and water cleaner.

- Played the last two games of summer Ultimate on Sunday and our team fared quite well, we were unanimous in thinking we played our best effort all year that day. I actually felt very good out on the field the last few weeks and the only thing that I changed that could have helped me was Gatorade. Yup...I'd been bringing plain old water every game but during the last month sports drinks have been getting the call. A performance enhancement substance perhaps?

- Scott was very cool (well, he's always cool) to lend me Call of Duty 4 for the 360, and let me tell you, the game is awesome! One thing that helps make the game more involved is how chaotic it can get. There were many times guns were blazing and noises were coming from all sides that it was very difficult to distinguish your allies from the enemy, and a few times I took down friendlies in the heat of battle. I can only imagine how easily this could happen in real life.

Couple of funny exchanges at the wedding on Saturday:

Me: Hey Dave, great to see you. Remember those University classes we used to take?
Dave: Um, yeah.
Ben: Yeah, we would talk Simpsons and had to contain our laughter before the professor would throw us out. Remember that?
Dave: Actually, no, sorry no I don't remember that.
Ben: Really? It was more than just one class, we took three classes together I think. You don't recall?
Dave: I'm sorry Ben, I really don't remember that. But...I was dropping a lot of acid at the time.

Myra: Ben you are a very nice guy, and I can't believe you're single. If polygamy was legal in this country, I'd ask you to come join me.
Me: ...
(Trust me, she sounded just too 'matter of fact' to make me think it was a joke at first although I'm sure it was!)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]