Sunday, August 10, 2008

I have to Give Rogers Credit...

There is nothing more maddening that calling an automated telephone operator when you're trying to get some customer service. Voice prompt this...punch in your number that...sorry I didn't hear you, can you please repeat your request? And then when you finally a reach a live person, they ask EVERY question you already answered to the computer, making a complete waste of the 15 minutes you've already spent on the phone.

Now I have to give Rogers credit for what happened yesterday, as I usually just complain about their customer service. See, my internet was down (I'm not going to applaud them for that, read on!) and after a few hours, I decided to call, dreading doing so because it can be so hard to reach a live person. Anyway, there was a voice prompt (which changed from a male to female voice from the last time I called) and asked me to describe the problem. So I said, "Internet connection problem." And get this...I WAS PUT THROUGH TO A TECHNICAL SERVICE SUPPORT PERSON IMMEDIATELY! No waiting or putting on hold, one ring after the prompt and someone picked up and was willing to help. Turns out my entire street was down and he offered to send an automated call when the service was back up. Done. I did get that call later and it was all good.

So imagine that...you call when you have a problem and someone is there to help. What a concept!

Comments:
Not sure if they publicize this, but if you just say "Operator" after you pick which service you're calling about, it'll put you in the cue without any more of those annoying prompts. Glad you were able to get some service regardless!
 
Yeesh, look at my spelling - by "cue" I obviously meant "queue".
 
I was going to state that as I was assuming it had nothing to do with pool.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]