Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bruce Campbell vs The Army of Darkness

A recent entry on Forts' blog brought back memories of a B-movie quality title called Army of Darkness, the third entry in the Evil Dead series. Released back in 1992 with four years of video store experience under my belt, this was probably one of the first films where I witnessed from start to finish a true cult following after a dismal performance at the box office. Cheesy acting, special effects, dialogue...what's there not to like? Even today, hopes of a part four are clinged to by fans and the now 50 year-old star of the picture, Bruce Campbell, doesn't dismiss the possibility. In the interim, he's releasing a movie this year called My Name is Bruce where he is mistaken for his movie character Ash and ends up having to fight real-life deadites in his home town. May or may not be good, but for now, let's compile some fun quotes from Army of Darkness:

"Maybe, just maybe, my boys can pull this off. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot."

"Hail to the King, baby."

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

"Gimme some sugar, baby."

"Well hello Mr. Fancypants. I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town."

"Well that's just what we call pillow talk, baby!"

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. This...is my BOOM stick!"

"You found me beautiful once."
"Honey, you got real ugly."

I also discovered this Old Spice ad with Bruce Campbell on Youtube...not sure if you caught it but a lounge act involving Duran Duran is always a good idea!


Comments:
SBP,

did you knowthere's an Evil Dead musical playing in Toronto right now? I think its still on anyway..

"Groovy"

Plan-B
 
I did hear about it actually, if it was in town maybe I'd go, but I'm very cynical about musicals in general. BTW...don't you have a wedding coming up? What are you doing wasting your time reading my blog? :-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]