Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random SBP thoughts

- Can't get over the extremely low prices of DVDs. While a new release still runs over $20, I picked up Starsky and Hutch for $4.00 and I saw a DVD that contained all four Lethal Weapons for $12.99

- I'm moving work locations next year, and the new building will be located right across the street from my apartment. I won't even need to buy a winter jacket anymore

- New kitchen counter has been installed, and looks nice, even if in the end it's just a counter. But what they don't tell you is what they remove they don't put back: my sink and faucet are on the floor right now until I get them re-installed. I also bought a new dishwasher (Canadian made, Energy Star compliant, and on sale for $249 with no PST! Can't go wrong) and, well, that will need to be installed when I get it.

- Here's a really good article that freezes scenes from the Terminator 4 teaser trailer and analyzes what's in them, including a look at one of the first terminator models (T-600?). Check it out here

- I signed up on Lavalife yesterday, but deleted my profile in 24 hours. I had three messages in the first day. "Hey", I thought, "quick results!" Except all of them weren't, uh, "local" (one from Russia, another from the USA, another from B.C.) all of them were 5"2 with long hair, and insisted that I write back to their personal email and not on Lavalife. I should probably be more patient with it, but for now I can't be bothered.

- So two new Major League Soccer teams will be added and Ottawa is in the running, along with Montreal, Vancouver, Atlanta, Portland, Las Vegas and St. Louis. If Ottawa can get a new stadium (or modernize Frank Clair) and land a franchise I think it would be great for the city and a good chance to show Ottawa isn't just a hockey town.

- You may not know him, but UFC fighter "Rampage" Jackson, well, went on a rampage driving his vehicle like a maniac onto sidewalks and hitting several other cars while being chased by police. He was checked into a mental hospital, and UFC president Dana White commented, "I think it's going to be a while before we get him back." Apparently Jackson it's not much of a drinker and doesn't use drugs. So what can it be? My guess is post-concussion syndrome. After losing his light-heavyweight championship to Forrest Griffin, he went into depression which is odd because although it's normal to be upset, most would be fired up to try to win it back especially since he lost it only by decision. It's not hard to find cases: Just look at Chris Benoit last year at what he did to his family. Look at Muhammad Ali and the state he's in. Several shots to the noggin has consequences, and my gut tells me Jackson's health might be the result of that.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]