Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random SBP Thoughts

- The last time I went for a stroll downtown, I was stopped by three different people asking for directions. What does that mean?

- The World Series of Poker main event final 9 participants have been set. So now the champion won't be determined until November 9 after four months of publicity & promotion to follow this new format for determining a winner. They're all unknowns, but it's pretty easy to pick who I want to win: Scott Montgomery, from Perth, is one of the final nine and sits tied for third in chips.

- I already got my tickets to see The Dark Knight this Friday. Hopefully the quality will match the hype, although I'm not too worried

- Nobody talked too much about Ray Emery's interview on Off the Record this week. Michael Landsberg was the first person to directly ask Emery if he had a drug problem or if he "partied" too much. Aside from that, it was a pretty safe interview and I think most Sens fans have moved on and have already thought of him as gone a long time ago.

- Moxies has some decent grub and nice decor, and I was never blind to the fact all the waitresses were all 21 years old, about 100 lbs and had blonde hair. But yesterday was the first time I paid attention to their outfits. I mean, if they were walking along the street someone might offer $50 for their services. They were all falling out of their dresses and were cut super low. I thought it was a bit much. Oh...just by coincidence I'm going back there tonight.

- The last time I played poker I made four of a kind with pocket Kings; the odds are 4,164 to 1 of that happening. I wanted to take a picture of it but for some reason no one wanted to get their camera out.

- Dion Phaneuf is going to be featured on the cover of NHL 09. Over in Europe, Daniel Alfredsson will be featured on the cover for the Swedish version. I hope they might make that available in Ottawa (no disrespect to World Championship no-show Phaneuf)

- A new form of rejection in the 21st century: Being deleted as a friend from Facebook 24 hours after your last date (Just saying).

Comments:
The NCC and the city clearly aren't doing a good enough job of making it easy for tourists to get around. I think the NCC should spend MORE money on this place. :)

Is that Perth, Ontario or Perth, Australia?

Nice work, Batfan, hope you enjoy the show. I'm jealous!

Ray who? Is he a catcher? Because Lansberg sure threw him a lot of softballs!

Never been to a Moxies, but on your recommendation, it might be worth considering for our next hockey draft...

Doubtful you'll get the Swedish version, it's probably in PAL format... Hopefully that'll keep the curse away from your precious Swedish captain.

RE: Facebook friend deletion - Yikes. Can I go on your next date and sit at the table beside you? I'm incredibly curious as to what you're saying to these girls! :) Just joking...
 
Perth, Ontario buddy. He's Canadian all the way.

Moxies I think would be a great place for a draft. Hopefully Freeze can make the trip up.
 
If not, we'll find a bar/restaurant that has Wi-Fi access and we'll have him in by messenger.
 
...and I'll webcam him in so he can comment on the servers' outfits.
 
sweet!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]