Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Random SBP Thoughts




- I don't want to hear anyone complain about having a bad day after reading about the passenger in his early 20s/late teens who got stabbed multiple times in the neck while taking a Greyhound bus in Manitoba. He was sleeping, minding his own business, then what appears to be a complete stranger stabs him, then DECAPITATED him. Passengers got off the bus screaming in horror to something you only see in slasher movies. Are people going to stop taking the bus now? People shouldn't overreact, I mean, from this you could conclude you'll get stabbed on your bike while waiting for the lights to change.

- Antoine Vermette resigned for what I thought was a reasonable 2 year deal worth $5.5 million. Vermette has tons of upside, but at 26 years old, it's time for him to take the ball and run with it when he's given the chance. He's not a game-breaker, hasn't shown he can be on the #1 line so when I heard he asking for something in the $4 million per year range, it made me think he wanted to be traded.

- Tuesday was perhaps one of the most uneventful days I could recall in recent memory. I mean seriously, I was so BORED! What do you do when you're find yourself bored out of your tree?

- I'm taking a bath on those Buffalo Bills tickets I picked up. The pre-season game I'm hoping I might be able to sell for 1/2 off after seeing what's been happening on Ebay the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if any markup on the regular season tix will make up for it, but man, sucks.

- Have you seen those plastic shoe/sandal things (what are they called: crocs?) that come in solid colours like yellow, red, blue, green, etc? What's up with those, I mean, they're so UGLY. Why would anyone wear them? And how comfortable can plastic be?

- The work lunchroom got excited when someone mentioned Rambo V is being released next year. The plot? Rambo has a daughter he didn't know about and she gets kidnapped. Looks like I'll be dragged to the theatre one more time.

Comments:
>What do you do when you're find yourself bored out of your tree?

Too much free time? What's that?

Re: The Bills tickets... sorry to hear about it SBP, hopefully the suits in Toronto will pay a huge premium for the regular season game.

RE: Crocs - They're probably quite comfortable/practical in some cottage-like situations, but Dude, you should see the number of folks who wear those at my office complex. It's amazing. Sometimes, it includes white socks. Why not just come into work in PJ's and skidoo boots?

>Rambo has a daughter he didn't know about and she gets kidnapped.

Isn't that essentially the plot of Commando? Could we have Arnie in this flick as well, reprising his role? John Matrix vs. John Rambo. I smell box. office. gold.

Thanks for the visit yesterday and the PS3 game / Sens-attire for Paul. I'm sure he'll spit up on it the first time we put it on him...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]