Thursday, July 03, 2008

Mixed Messages



I was going to write about how at least Eddie Murphy, who signed to do a sequel no one cared about (Beverly Hills Cop 4), at least was honest on his whole approach on doing the picture. "The third one was horrible, so I didn't want to do another one. The producers wrote some s**t down on paper and I said, 'Is this your phone number?' and they said, 'This is how much we're going to pay you.' I said, 'Let's go shoot it! I don't care if the script isn't right.' " ('Is this your phone number?' That's classic!)

So anyway, he went on to say he'll likely be done with films and is thinking about going back to stand up (which I actually think is a good idea). But then he spoke to MTV and had this to say:

“All I know is that it’s gonna be something that’s special. I’m not doing just, hey give me some big cheque and I go off [does the Foley laugh] and shoot the gun and jump over cars, like, that’s some bullsh-t. If I do it, it’s gonna be some sh-t that’s right!”

I really think Eddie Murphy is a talented guy, and after receiving an Oscar nomination for Dreamgirls, I thought he might decide to do more serious roles and actually try to win one (something Harrison Ford should also consider). But alas, it isn't meant to be.

He admits to not even seeing a script. Another strike against this whole project is that Brett Ratner is directing (he managed to make the worst of the X-Men films The Last Stand). But I guess I'm mentioning all this is that we're all pretty sure this movie will be a steaming pile of dogsh-t, but at the same time I'm trying to keep the faith the fourth Terminator movie will be good.

Go figure.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]