Monday, June 30, 2008

Random SBP thoughts

It certainly is nice to have an extra long weekend, taking today off and having Canada Day to sleep in for as well. Good times!

- Someone had asked how my book was coming along. Nino & I have written the intro and I am almost finished chapter 1 while he moved ahead to write chapter 2. I've asked Nino to help me finish off my chapter, and hopefully we'll get that done in the next week or so.

- I might get grief for this, but I went to see You Don't Mess with the Zohan. It has a handful of funny moments, and they tried to make a few statements about the Israeli-Arab conflict, but most of the jokes missed more than they hit that it's hard for me to recommend it. Maybe borrowing from the internet library wouldn't be such a bad option.

- Did you know that those Subway points cards can be personalized? For $5.00, they'll upload a picture of your choice and mail you a personalized card. No one is supporting me on this initiative.

- Don't you hate it when you're walking along the sidewalk, minding your own business, some idiot cuts you off, but then proceeds to walk slower than you? Hey, if you're going to cut me off, fine, but c'mon, you're doing so because you're a rushed, impatient, FAST person, right?

- Pokerstars has a world online championship held in September each year, and for this year they introduced a new event where the buy-in is a whopping $25,000. Let me tell you something, after a few cheating scandals on these websites happened last year, would anyone trust 25k for an online tournament? I know I wouldn't.

- Not only is tomorrow Canada Day, but it's also NHL free agency day. Woo-hoo! I'm hoping it might be Brian Campbell day...or Mats Sundin day...or Marian Hossa day and Bryan Murray can lure one (all?) of these guys to Ottawa. There are holes to fill on the roster as I previously mentioned, and I think the Sens need at least one big name to stay competitive next year.

- I'm not sure what this means, but for some reason, I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of coming into piles and piles of money. Having enough cash to do what I want, where I want, whenever I want! But how will it come about? Well, that's the issue. Someone told me just to keep on thinking about it and that will make it happen (why do I think just thinking about it actually isn't enough?), but at the same time it may not be so healthy to be fantasizing a lot about being rich. And because I have too much time on my hands, I actually made out a list if I came upon millions of dollars of who I'd share it with. Oh dear. Well, maybe some healthy dreaming is okay once in awhile.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]