Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Eat that Chicken...



Who am I to turn down an invite to enjoy some tasty chicken?

Over in Orleans...way, way into Orleans (we're talking Trim Rd here), the people responsible for The Works restaurant decided to expand from burgers and move into the realm of poultry by opening an establishment called Roost. And as Dr. Hibbert would say, "Diagnosis: delicious!"

Already it won me over with a corn muffin included with all chicken dishes. Must tastier than the Montana's version (all that was required was to add more oil!), it set up the rest of the main course perfectly. I already ordered an appetizer, "steamrollers", soft tortilla shells stuffed with roasted red pepper cream cheese, jalapenos & green onion and it was delicious. So sinking my teeth into some tasty chicken was highly anticipated.

A nice touch with the quarter chicken breast ordered was the choice of four different BBQ sauces. Now I love my St Hubert's sauce but having this option is just a fantastic idea. You have a variety of cold and hot sides you can choose from so you're not restricted to french fries. You can try a variety of different salads: mango cashew, three bean & water chestnut, double smoked bacon & chipotle, all in addition to of course the fries, onion rings, and mashed potatoes amongst others if you want to keep it simple.

You can get a chicken meal and beverage with tip and spend about $20 which is pretty reasonable. And get this: I was full enough that I DIDN'T ORDER DESSERT! Which is probably a good thing, since in the last few weeks I've been indulging a little too much. But anyway, yeah, Roost, give me a holler if you want chicken!

Comments:
Now I'm hungry. I love corn bread and corn muffins!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]