Thursday, May 15, 2008

Slow Down Tubby, You're Not on the Moon Yet...



Let me share you a story about how I graduated.

"Graduated" to a higher pants size, that is.

I wore a size 34 pants during the end of high school and during University. I went to Australia for 7 months and actually lost a bit of weight because I was always moving around, active, and didn't have big, luxurious meals. Despite that, I still remained a size 34.

When I got back from my trip, I started looking for work and when I did land my current job, I was put in a hotel in Toronto for 5 days a week for training and got to fly home for the weekend. While in the Big Smoke, all meals were paid for. I got something like a $45 dollar a day tax-free allowance for food and I didn't have to provide receipts. Sweet deal, for sure!

Problem was, me and my training group didn't exactly have salad while we were there. We'd always get together and go to restaurants, with the Keg being our favourite. What was the cost? Who cares, $45 a day! And right beside my hotel was this small cafe called Williams, and they had the BEST desserts. So right after dinner, a slice of cake was always in order.

Training lasted about 2 months, and I didn't notice anything until the first day I drove to work at my local Ottawa office, well, when I was just about to drive to work. My pants felt very uncomfortable, and as soon as I sat down, POP, the button holding my pants shot right across the car. Shit! It didn't help that none of my other pants were clean, so I went back to the house and put on a belt (I rarely put on a belt but now it's a regular part of my wardrobe) hoping it would hold up my non-buttoned pants. Luckily, it worked, and I then had to buy size 36 pants that night after going through my other pairs of slacks and figuring out none of them fit anymore.

And that's the end of my story.

Comments:
Good story! What do you think made all of your pants shrink while you were away? Extra humid summer weather? :)

Seriously though, I think the belt is a great early warning system. If I find I've slipped a hole in the last little while, it's a more subtle wakeup call than firing buttons off the dashboard!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]