Friday, May 09, 2008

Random SBP Thoughts





- Cara & Scott picked me up a sweet old school WWF glass with Demolition on it, in near mint condition. What can you say except: NICE!

- I'm wondering who the genius was that got Pittsburgh Penguins fans to wear white to their home games. The opposition wears white!

- I got tickets to the 2008 NHL entry draft. Is there anyone interested in going? You get to see young punks 15 years younger than you just before they sign contracts that will set them for life.

- Can't believe it's been three years since I moved downtown. Can't believe it'll be one year next month that I played in the World Series of Poker. I've kept a mental note on everyone that sponsored me, and if I can ever win one of these things, they'll get paid back with interest.

- The Ottawa Rapids changed their name to Rapidz after the owners of zip.ca bought the franchise. One word: Stupid. And where are my free tickets that were promised for entering the "name that team" contest?

- I filled out an application to volunteer for the 2009 World Junior Hockey Championships. Any interest? You can apply by clicking here. It would be nice if, as a thank you, they handed over some gold medal game tickets

- You think Sens fans are fickle? I've spoken to Habs fans who were coming up with trade scenarios involving rookie Carey Price

- If they ain't fickle, they're grumpy. Dany Heatley is having an unbelievable World Championship, and Sens fans are upset. Jason Spezza was demoted to the fourth line, and Sens fans are upset.

- I guess with everyone saying Dallas was tired after their seven periods of hockey on Sunday that they were in no condition to play against the Red Wings last night (and supports my theory a four-on-four and shootout should be added to shorten games), but c'mon, it's been four days. That's plenty of time to rest.

- Billy Idol is now opening for Def Leppard in August...that may be enough for me to go

- I've played so much GTA IV I can't see straight but according to the stats, I'm only 1/3 of the way through.

Comments:
Totally interested in going to the draft. Sign me up buddy!!
 
How many tickets did you get? If more than 2, let me know!
 
Wow, everyone at my work was making fun of me for wanting to go because they'd figure it would be boring. I don't know, I think it'd be neat. Anyway, I have two contacts with a pretty good chance of getting two from each, maybe four. I'll keep you guys in the loop!
 
Just realized that it takes place the same weekend as my trip to Otter Lake, so I guess I'm out.


...and now: I'll make fun of you and Steve for wanting to go to some boring old hockey draft.

Can you please heartily boo any Leafs officials while they make their way to the stage? I'm sure you won't be alone.
 
when is it?
 
June 20th, starts at 7pm
 
Paul, it's spelt:

G-o-o-g-l-e
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]