Thursday, May 29, 2008

Raiders of the Lost SBP



With the Indiana Jones craze in full force, I came across an Ebay auction where the seller (with zero feedback) was selling the infamous Idol of Fertility from Raiders of the Lost Ark with a starting bid of $75,000. It was apparently only "one of three" in existence. I can't substantiate that claim, but I can tell you one of them is at Planet Hollywood in Sydney, Australia. Come to think of it...didn't Planet Hollywood go under a few years ago? Hey, where is it now!? Anyway, in the fall of 1998 that's where it was, and it's been so long since I looked at this photo I've always remembered it with me being on the other side of the idol. Doesn't matter though...sweet prop to see in person to say the least!


Comments:
Indy, why does the floor move?

Plan-B
 
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

"Asps. Very dangerous. You go first."
 
"Why Dr. Jones whatever are you doing in such a nasty place?"

"Why don't you come on down here and I'll show you?"

"Thank you my friend but I think we are very comfortable up here. That's right isn't it? Yes, we are very comfortable up here."
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]