Monday, May 12, 2008

It just might be good...



I'm not sure why I'm so cynical, but I had my doubts about casting senior citizen Harrison Ford in the next Indiana Jones movie. How can he be sold as a legitimate superhero-type dodging bullets and leaping off trains when his bedtime is 8pm? I guess though his most recent body of work is the main reason. Since 1994's The Fugitive, has he really done anything memorable?

But, I finally saw the last trailer for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and you know what? It looks like it's going to be okay. Steven Speilberg-o is ultimately the guy that will decide whether or not the movie will be any good and I'm convinced, solely by the trailer, he pulled it off. May 22nd...maybe I won't going to a midnight screening this time, but I'm looking forward to it. Check out the latest trailer by clicking here.

Comments:
I dunno... the strike against it for me is that George Lucas was heavily involved in the story. However, the best part of the last Star Wars flick was the part that Spielberg directed, so maybe his touch *will* be enough to keep this thing moving...
 
George is...George. Apparently on the re-release of the Indy DVDs, he admitted he didn't think Sean Connery was a good choice for Indy's dad, luckily Speilberg had the final say, which I hope carries for this movie.
 
No, no it won’t! Although I don’t go to see movies or watch them at home often, or maybe that’s why, I tend to stay away from anything past a sequel and a trilogy is pushing it, it has to be good. The first set of Star war films were really good, then. The second set, not at all, don’t think I even made it through more then 1/3 of the second or 5th whatever the numbering is.

I truly believe this is the best interview or anything that involves Lucas since the first star wars movies were released.

if the link doesn't work copy and paste;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EykrMEAzxN0&feature=related
 
"Get your own fries!" Not bad!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]