Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV: Completed




After a few weeks, I finally finished GTA IV, and let me tell you if you didn't know already, it is one of the best games I've ever played. It keeps track of almost every statistic imaginable, so for your amusement, I thought I'd pass you along a chosen few:

Game complete: 65.17% (Yup, tons of side missions I haven't even touched)
Missions passed: 94
Missions failed: 62
Money: $754,934
Times busted: 16
Times died: 37
People killed: 823
Playing time: 52h12m6s
Addiction level: "Buying in bulk"
Longest non-stop game: 5h58m54s (this was the first time I played it)
Favourite radio station: Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
Least favourite radio station: International Funk
Days passed: 132
Cars stolen: 236
Bikes stolen: 9
Boats stolen: 14
Helicopters stolen: 1
Longest cop chase: 12m10s
Longest freefall: 80.9 ft
People run down: 237
Fires started: 68
Criminals killed: 73
Times got drunk: 8
Girls dumped: 3
Spent on prostitutes: $1,010
Spent at strip clubs: $800
Spent at gun shops: $22,570
Player image: Soccer Mom

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING (ONE OF TWO) OF THE GAME:

One of the things that made the game so enjoyable is the writing. The cut scenes combined with your character's ability to use his cell phone to call up a friend to play darts, eat, go to a bar, etc. is a fun way to interact with the game and it gives the other characters a bit of heart. Especially with your cousin Roman, the person who talked you into moving to the fictional city of Liberty City in the first place. That is why when your character, Niko Bellic, witnesses the death of his cousin at his wedding, it is kind of sad. I mean, the next scene after Roman gets shot, Niko wakes up in their old apartment in his old clothes, with the words, "Roman, I am so sorry..." I felt genuinely bad! You can really feel for the guy, and after all the time you spent in the game, you don't want to see him gone. There is a second ending that I'll probably try to unlock to see what happens, but man, sad stuff. You can still finish the rest of the side missions after the main story is completed, and little touches like pulling up your cell phone and no longer seeing Roman's number available to be called...*sob*...excuse me while I get a tissue!

Comments:
SBP,

Can I borrow your console and GTA for about 52h12m6s?

Plan-B
 
That might be a good wedding present :-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]