Monday, April 21, 2008

Random SBP Thoughts

- I got two very nice compliments recently. A co-worker told me I've done a good job keeping the weight I lost over the summer off, while some friends told me I look still younger than my actual age. I complain about the negatives enough, so hearing some positives can really make your day!

- I'm glad Scott Niedermayer is getting fined $500,000 for not reporting to training camp. His arrival in December gave an unfair advantage over the rest of the league while subtlety stating the beginning of the NHL season isn't important

- There's been some articles in the media lately about getting rid of the Canadian penny. Do it. Australia got rid of them years ago and they simply round up or down if the final bill doesn't end in a zero or a five. You can't buy anything for one cent, and most people see them as a nuisance more than anything.

- Looks like New Orleans will have to be skipped as my budget simple doesn't allow me to take a trip after Atlantic City & UFC. However, I will be playing @ Lansdowne Park this Saturday in the Ottawa Poker Championships. Should be fun!

- I collected a $20 bet today made at the start of the season because Ray Emery did not go to jail or be charged with a crime.

- Is it me, or is this upcoming summer movie season seem underwhelming? There doesn't seem to be any "must see" flicks like previous years...although as much as I complain about an old Indiana Jones, I'll be seeing Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

- Change at work: Rob is going to be my manager. Another possible change (but not that likely to happen): My work may move just one block away from where I live. More than likely though we'll just stay where we are.

- I won passes to the new Harold and Kumar movie from the Ottawa Sun! Too funny (that I won, not the movie itself which I guess we'll see how it goes)

Comments:
Does this mean RBP can't post on your blog anymore?

I agree about the penny, ditch it.

...and that brings me to your summer movie comment, check out Stan's Summer Movie Preview for a couple of MUST SEE pics and a few other possible diamonds in the rough.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]