Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Off for a few days

The hotel has been booked, the currency converted, bags have been packed (well, not quite, but shouldn't take long)and I'm off to Atlantic City tomorrow for another WSOP poker tournament. I'll be driving with my co-worker friend Nino and we've already decided to stake ourselves each 10% if we manage to finish in the money. I'm not as jittery as I was at last year's one in Vegas, but once I get there the excitement level will hit. I expect about 900 or so entrants, which to some may seem like a lot but is actually reasonable considering the thousands of players that entered the WSOP main event the last few years. With a field this size, you have a much better chance of going somewhere. At least I think I do.

I feel like a better poker player than last year. I'm a little more confident to try to make moves in places where there's a good chance to steal, for instance. And my experience in Vegas will certainly help.

You know what'd be cool? If I actually went all the way and took it all. I mean, the odds are I won't, but, what if? I think that's the main thing that makes me want to go to these tournaments, and why I'm also seriously considering heading to New Orleans late in the Spring to play another one of these tourneys. I may or may not be as good a player as I think I am, but I won't know unless I try. And since there's no mortgage payments that will be missed or groceries that can't be bought, I can afford to dabble in these events from time to time. And if I can make a big splash, it'd be all worth it.

"Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Comments:
Best of luck BP
 
Good luck BP!
 
Hope the cards fall your way buddy! Bring that big, gaudy ring back home with ya!

To paraphrase Rounders:

"First prize at the World Series of Poker circuit event is a couple hundred thousand dollars. Does it have my name on it? I don't know. But, I'm gonna find out."
 
Sorry to hear you didn't make it to Day Two, BP, but I hope you had a good time playing!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]