Friday, March 21, 2008

It's not all sunshine and lollipops...

A nice long weekend...four days off in a row, who can complain!? is so far completely wasted. I started to feel a little under the weather yesterday, and hoped a good night's rest (I get to sleep in, after all!) would make everything better. Well it hasn't gotten better, and I'd say it's even worse. Headache, coughs, runny nose, bleah...and you know that feeling when you're lying down just wanting to take it easy for awhile, but then you get up and your headache gets EVEN WORSE when blood starts rushing back into your brain? Yeah, there's a nice feeling.

So anyway, a lot of people, especially at work, go on about how they "envy" me because I live by myself. I answer to only number one, I can come and go as I please, do what I want, when I want. But times like this make it unbearable and let me tell you, it ain't all sunshine & lollipops because you can purchase a 56" HDTV without asking. Some people wanted to be left completely alone and undisturbed while they recuperate, but not this guy. No, I'd give anything right now to have someone whip me up some chicken noodle soup, maybe prep a hot water bottle or go to the drug store to pick me up some aspirin. See that's the thing: I feel so horrible and too weak to even want to walk to the store to get some pain relief. And I have no groceries in the house...who can bring food to me, other than Pizza Pizza? This is a long weekend, everyone's got plans! Everyone's out of town or whatever. This s-u-c-k SUCKS!!! Boooooooo! If you're feeling at all , well, healthy right now, I curse, curse you!!! I just likely cursed a lot of people...

Comments:
Having a great time in Florida, wish you were here!
 
Choke on it, CHOKE ON IT!
 
Not too sick to call out your healthy friends, eh BP? As my kid is in daycare and gets sick on a weekly basis, I'll make sure to post a blog cursing your health and 56-inch HDTV every time I get a cold from now on...

Suck it up, buttercup.
 
HTFU!

Just b/c you live with someone does not mean that they are at your beck and call when you get ill. You still have to take care of yourself.
 
And to top it all off, your beloved Sens lose to the Leafs again! Ain't life sweet??!!
 
Worst weekend ever
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]