Thursday, December 27, 2007

An X-Cellent Christmas!



Okay, it was nice spending Christmas with family and friends, decorating the tree, having delicious meals, taking time off to stay up late and sleep in. It was also fun finding the perfect gift for said friends and family and seeing their enjoyment as they unwrapped their goodies. But, the materialistic bone inside me was screaming the word "Sweeeeet!" as the Xbox 360 was unopened. I actually hoisted it over my head like it was the Stanley Cup or something. My whole family pitched in to get it and it's AWESOME! Let me tell you something as I've already told a few others: Video games in widescreen, high definition make the world a better place! Well, at least a better living room. Today I spent about 5+ hours playing Halo 3 (have to enjoy it now until I go back to work on the 7th), and it's amazing to see how far games have come since the early NES days. The graphics are simply unreal and the gameplay is very intense.

Anyway, hopefully no one will think I'm a jerk for liking Christmas just a little more because of said Xbox. It really made a great holiday just that much better!

Comments:
I'm sure your family is very glad that you liked the present that they got you. After all, THAT's what Christmas is all about. :)

Just as I'm sure the person who gave you Halo 3 is just as pleased that you're enjoying yet another first-person-shooter.
 
SBP,

I would like your old video gaming systems.

As I have said, now that you have a redundant system, you don't need those old ones.

RBP
 
Sorry to tread on your blog BP, but I need to appeal to any of your readers who follow NFL football to help me out with finishing in the money of a pick'em pool I'm in.

So: Anyone who knows the NFL, can you take a minute to visit my blog and put in your picks for this week's games? It'd be much appreciated!
 
Wow, I can remember back when video games were for children.
 
The games are so violent these days than before I wouldn't recommend them for children at all. Today I played Quake 4, with blood in plentiful supply and enough cursing in the cut scenes to make you notice. But...I enjoyed playing it!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]