Thursday, November 01, 2007

Things are Coming up SBP!

"Would you like free tickets to tonight's game?"

There isn't too many questions asked that would make me feel joyous, but this is definitely one of them. Scheduled to play some squash today for the first time in months, an Ultimate friend of mine called me up to ask if I'd like to take the tickets to tonight's game because her friend couldn't go. I'm afraid squash will have to be put on hold! It was against the lowly Thrashers, but hey, a game's a game, and 200 level seats for $free.99 is nothing to sneeze at. Before the game, I predicted a 6-1 trouncing and when it got to 5-1 I sensed my prediction about to unfold. Alas, a stupid double minor combined with weak goaltending made the game much more interesting that it should have been. Good thing Alfie got an empty netter to make it 6-4 and pick up the win.

Alfredsson had quite a night racking up 4 points while earning his 300th career goal, all as a Senator, and I couldn't recall a smile as wide as he had when he skated out to accept the game's first star selection. Indeed, he has a lot of memories over the course of his 10+ seasons, all with the same franchise. He will no doubt eclipse the 800 point mark this season and it isn't unrealistic to see him finish with over 1,000 points before he hangs up his skates for good. I hope he makes it...with a Stanley Cup or two to boot, of course.

Anyway, tonight's free tickets certainly made my day, and I hope there'll be more in the future!

Comments:
"Weak goaltending".

Feel any need to expand on that? Emery played, didn't he? Is he still "the man" after seeing that third period?
 
Any player can have a bad game, and Emery wasn't sharp in the third. In his defense though, he only faced 6 shots in the first two periods and it's hard to get into rhythm without getting some moderate work. Unlike many, I'm not going to judge Ray based on last night. There's 6 games in 10 days coming up and he will likely get more games to play. I'll wait to pass judgment.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]