Sunday, November 18, 2007

HD Net and Trailers

Some of my movie geek pals think the highlight of going to the movies is viewing the trailers before the show starts. "If someone decided to run 2 hours of trailers in the theatre, I'd pay $10 to see that." So would I. Taking a look at what next year's crop of films there are to look forward to can be fun. Sure, sometimes the trailer outdoes itself and ends up being better than the flick itself, but you don't know that at the time. I remember seeing the trailer for Independence Day and thinking it'll be the best movie ever.

Anyway, this High Definition channel actually has a one hour time slot where they show nothing but, yup, movie trailers! The nice thing is of course it's all in HD and widescreen, and that there's no $10 to pay either. Yesterday they had shown advertisements for movies including The Golden Compass and Tom Hanks' Charlie Wilson's War. Will they be any good? Who knows, but for some, it sure made me think it was possible.

Comments:
Crap like that just makes me want to watch it. I didn't have any intentions to see it in the first place but now, maybe just to throw it in the face of the religious right, I'll give the Golden Compass people my money.
 
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'd heard about this controversy before and decided to read up on what the whole trilogy was about. And, maybe it's just because I'm not 8, but it sounds kinda lame. Doesn't the religious right have anything better to rail against? I'll have to check out the trailer to see if it looks any good.

Armoured polar bears - Good times!
 
Okay, saw the trailer... Looks like the studio wants to get in on the Harry Potter / Bridge to Terrabithia (SP?) / Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe action.

Unfortunately, that trailer (while looking very lush - must be great in HD) didn't make me want to see a minute of that film. I'm sure Kidman and Craig are better in this than Invasion, but still - Armoured Polar Bears? The movie, like the book description on Wikipedia, just sounds overly complicated.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]